Waxing is a great way of removing unwanted hair from your body and face because it leaves your skin hair free and smooth for weeks at a time and you can remove the hair from large areas relatively quickly.
But many people are afraid to try it because of the potential pain involved without really considering it. Constant shaving and messy depilatory hair remover creams are not much fun either and you have stubbly regrowth to contend with in no time at all, whereas hair grows back without stubble and often gets finer and sparser over time with regular waxing.
Although there will be some pain (or at least discomfort) involved, it’s often not as bad as you imagine and is over quite quickly. And if you give waxing a go at the beauty salon, you will see what a practical way it is of removing hair.
Tips to follow prior to Waxing
- Make sure that the hair to be removed is long enough for the wax to grip. It has to be at least 3mm.
- If excess hair is too long it becomes more painful to pull out so you may want to trim it for best results.
- Skin needs to be clean and dry before you begin for the wax to adhere properly.
- For women, book your first appointment post menstruation. Pain is generally felt more acutely just before or during a period.
- Avoid waxing altogether if you have diabetes, varicose veins or poor circulation. If you have been using medication or lotions which cause thinning of the skin e.g. Roaccutane, you should not use waxing as a hair removal method until the skin has recovered (approx. 6 months).
- You should also avoid areas of broken or irritated skin or skin with warts, spots, moles or sunburn.
Tips to follow during your Waxing Session
At the salon mention to the beauty therapist that this is your first time waxing so that she can explain the procedure to you and let you know what to expect. Otherwise just relax as much as you can. Chatting to the therapist can take your mind off the process.
Tips to follow after a Waxing Session
- Soothe the skin with a mild lotion such as aloe vera and a cool compress if necessary.
- You may notice redness and bumps but these should disappear within a few hours.
- Avoid tight clothing which might rub and cause irritation. Also avoid sun exposure for a couple of days as this can sometimes lead to hyperpigmentation.
- Once skin has calmed down after a few days, begin gently exfoliating your skin regularly to avoid ingrown hairs.
Ingrown Hair Prevention
- Exfoliate before and after. LIGHTLY exfoliating with a mild exfoliator before ridding hair helps remove dead skin cells allowing a better and an easier wax. LIGHTLY exfoliating a few days after the wax and continuing to do so a couple of times a week will help keep dead skin cells out of the follicle. When the hair does start coming back, this helps it to point out instead of going back into the skin.
- Stay away from tight fitting clothes. If you have had any type of body waxing then you want the skin to be able to ‘breathe’ so to speak, rather than be constricted. Not only can tight clothes irritate freshly waxed areas, weeks later it can encourage the hair to grow back into the skin causing the ingrown hairs.
- Stop them before they start. Many products are created to help fight and prevent ingrown hairs before they appear, containing exfoliating and moisturizing properties. Preventing ingrown hairs after waxing before they appear is much easier than tackling the redness and bumps later on.
Lash & Brow Tinting
Some of us were born with dark brows and lashes and can wake up and leave the house without makeup. For the rest of us, we look like we have no face without applying at least some mascara. If you have light lashes or brows and have not had them tinted before, you will love lash and brow tinting!
Benefits for our clients:
- Opens up the eyes to give definition and add thickness to the lashes.
- No more smudges, smears or runs causing embarrassment.
- If you are a contact lens wearer with or without allergies.
- If you are challenged with poor vision or other physical disabilities.
- If you have allergies to cosmetics.
We use TechnoTan, Australia’s leading Spray Tan, which is made using a range of botanical herb extracts which will produce a natural, all-over bronzed colour in less than 10 minutes, giving you a healthy glow.
You can choose from many different shades for your Spray Tan and we offer a range that develops in 2–4 hours (the Flash Tan) and a range that develops in 6–8 hours (the Classic Tan). The TechnoTan Spray Tan is very natural looking, there are no orange over tones whatsoever, and no nasty odours. This Spray Tan will not disappoint! There is no other spray tan like TechnoTan!
Pre-Tan Prep for Your Spray Tan
TechnoTan works on the upper layers of your skin, which are constantly being shed through natural exfoliation.
Your TechnoTan Spray Tan will last longer if you exfoliate before getting your Spray Tan, using a body scrub or exfoliating product, pay particular attention to the knees, elbows and heels.
Your skin must be completely free of any moisturiser, deodorant, make-up or perfumes before getting your Spray Tan.
Any waxing or shaving should be done at least 24 hours prior.
If your Spray Tan is for a special occasion, it is best to have it a day or two earlier.
When getting your Spray Tan you may wear as little as you like or bathers. Most people wear just a G-String or go nude, but this is your personal choice. We have disposable G-Strings available. All our Spray Tan Technicians are fully trained to operate in a discreet manner and fully respect client confidentiality.
The application of the product takes less than 10 minutes and feels touch dry almost immediately. It is recommended that you wear dark, loose clothing after being sprayed as any undue friction from tight clothing, while the tan is developing may affect the final result.
Post-Tan Care for Your Spray Tan
Post Tan Care – once your tan has developed, shower and allow the water to run over you. You will notice some colour wash off, don’t be alarmed, this is natural. Once the water runs clear use Techno Tan (Sodium Laurel Sulfate Free) Tan Saver Body Wash. Pour a small amount into your hand and GENTLY rub over your entire body. Rinse off and remember to pat dry with your towel. Once dry apply moisturiser.
Maintaining Your Spray Tan
MOISTURISE MOISTURISE MOISTURISE twice a day! Although you can’t stop your body’s natural exfoliating process you can slow it down by using a good quality moisturiser such as Techno Tan Peach and Vanilla Delight Body Butter or Techno Tan Moisturising Body Shimmer and keep your self well hydrated by drinking plenty of water each day.
Extending Your Spray Tan
Please remember that a spray tan is designed for you to look great on a particular day for a particular occasion…And the bonus is you get an additional 5 to 10 days of looking good! It is not permanent and many things can affect the life of your spray tan.
Your body is constantly shedding dead skin cells. A spray tan only effects the outer layers of skin, so as your skin cells are naturally shed, the spray tan will fade. Your spray tan should last 5 to 10 days depending on your skin type and how well you look after your tan. However, we cannot offer a guarantee as everyone is different.
Spray Tan Killers
Avoid long hot showers, baths, spa baths and heavily chlorinated pools. This will cause your skin to dry out and fade your spray tan faster. Avoid any activity that will cause excessive sweating.
Facials Treatment Menu
Environ Vitamin A and Antioxidant Infusion
An infusion for first time users, sensitive and delicate skins using a fresh serum containing Vitamin A and potent anti-oxidants to strengthen, normalise and revitalise the skin. Suitable for people starting on the Environ skin care products.
Environ Moisturising Restorative Treatment
An infusion for sensitive and delicate skin, using Vitamin A (the skin vitamin) and antioxidants to strengthen, thicken and revitalise the skin. Suitable for those starting on the Environ skin care treatment system.
Environ Intense Retinol Treatment
An Intense Vitamin A and antioxidant infusion to normalise the skin, treat fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage and help slow down the ageing process by feeding the skin with these active ingredients.
Environ Deluxe Vitamin C Infusion
A deluxe Vitamin C infusion using only the freshest and most potent L-ascorbic acid to stimulate new collagen and to effectively treat sun damaged skin reducing pigmentation and fine lines.
Environ Acne/Problem Skin Treatment
This deep cleansing treatment is suitable for younger skins to soften and loosen congestion – leaving the skin clean, sterilized, clearer and will help control excessive oiliness and congestion.
Environ Peel Treatments
Either Lactic Acid or Trichloracetic Acid are used in our facial peels to treat acne, fine lines, sun damage and dehydration. Peels exfoliate and sterilize the skin, leaving it softer, clearer and smoother.
The client should be using Environ® at home for at least 3 weeks before having this treatment.
The all new Cool Peel treatment is a brand new treatment from Environ. It is a revolutionary approach to peeling, unique to Environ, achieves incredible results without damaging the skin. Low strength Lactic Acid is used to reduce the skin’s PH and triggers the release of growth factors, which creates tighter, smoother skin. It destroys bacteria, boosts hydration and removes the build-up of dead skin cells, helping to de-congest the surface and smooth its texture.
The Cool Peel is ideal for clients with lines and wrinkles, rough or problem skin, sun damage and Rosacea.
- This treatment is not suitable for anyone using Roaccutane (or similar prescribed Vitamin A topical cream).
- Environ AVST Vitamin A cream needs to be used for a minimum of 3 weeks prior to using a peel.
- This treatment is recommended once a week for acne skin conditions until the acne is controlled followed by a rest period of 3 months.
- This treatment needs to be supplemented with an Environ home care system.
Environ Hydrating Facial Treatment
A quick effective Facial treatment for energising and re-hydrating the skin. Is your skin feeling dry after our cold winter? Re-hydrate with this wonderful Environ Hydrating Facial and be ready for spring.
Environ Deep Cleanse
An express treatment for those just after a thorough cleanse. A thoroughly deep cleanse from Environ. Iontophoresis and facial massage not included.
Glo Therapeutics Facials
Glo Clear Skin Treatment
An ideal treatment for acne prone or congested skin in teens or adults. This treatment incorporates a combination of thorough steaming, deep cleanse, facial extractions of blocked pores and a variation of a healing mask and moisturiser suited to your specific needs. A series of facials is recommended.
Glo Flower Enzyme Peel
This is an especially good exfoliant for skin that is sensitive to hydroxy acids and / or physical exfoliants or for those of you who want a light exfoliation. (Anyone with a bromelain or pineapple sensitivity should not use this product).
Glo Enzyme Peel
The Glo Enzyme peel is specifically geared for clients with sensitive and/or reactive skin. This is a great beginner peel that can be done on a regular basis. Glo Enzyme will treat dehydrated, photo-damaged, ageing skin and minimal acne. Featuring an exfoliant with fruit enzymes and salicylic acid which help break down dead cells for smoother skin.
Glo Facial with foot treatment
A restorative, deep cleanse facial, suitable for all skin types and includes an advanced enzyme / glycolic foot treatment for deep exfoliation of calloused areas.
Glo Glycolic Peel (30%)
The Glo Glycolic Peel is a chemical exfoliant that promotes the repair and regeneration of the skin. It improves the appearance of ageing and uneven textures and tone. The Glo Glycolic Peel contains antioxidants that preserve the skins’ natural moisturising capabilities, strengthen capillaries and are anti-inflammatory.
Glo Lactic Peel
Glo created the Glo Lactic Peel for those who need effective, regenerative treatments without aggressive after effects. Glo Therapies has extracted L+ Lactic Acid to inhibit cell regeneration while replenishing skin with much needed hydration. Lactic Acid is naturally present in our skin allowing the Glo Lactic Peel to work from the inside out, enabling the skin to slough off the deadened skin layers and stimulate fresh, healthy skin cells. Glo Lactic Peel is excellent for re-texturing acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation, environmentally damaged, and dehydrated skin.
Glo Pumpkin, Berry, Orange Facial
The Pumpkin, Berry, Orange Facial utilizes the nutritive effects of natural ingredients like pumpkin and orange to not only help stimulate cell regeneration but to stimulate your senses. With the popular Pumpkin Enzyme Scrub as a key step, this facial helps remove dead skin cell buildup without irritating the skin. This treatment is perfect for normal to dry skins, thanks to nourishing key ingredients such as Grape Seed Oil, Coconut Oil and Vitamin E.
Glo Dry / Sensitive Skin Facial Treatment
This treatment uses pumpkin enzyme scrub which is packed with gentle exfoliants and nourishing ingredients to enhance your complexion. Date seeds and jojoba beads provide natural, gentle exfoliation of dull skin and pumpkin enzymes breakdown unhealthy collagen production to promote a more radiant skin. A mask is then applied to soothe and restore and finishes off with a skin brightening and general anti-ageing facial treatment that uses a powerful vitamin C to brighten the skin and leave it looking fresh and more youthful.
High Frequency Therapy
This is an exciting, visually dynamic therapy known for its germicidal effects. The electrical therapy is used as part of a facial or body treatment to sterilise and heal your skin. Ideally 6 treatments would be recommended, however many clients see an improvement in their skin from the very first treatment.