Waxing is a great way of removing unwanted hair from your body and face because it leaves your skin hair free and smooth for weeks at a time and you can remove the hair from large areas relatively quickly.
But many people are afraid to try it because of the potential pain involved without really considering it. Constant shaving and messy depilatory hair remover creams are not much fun either and you have stubbly regrowth to contend with in no time at all, whereas hair grows back without stubble and often gets finer and sparser over time with regular waxing.
Although there will be some pain (or at least discomfort) involved, it’s often not as bad as you imagine and is over quite quickly. And if you give waxing a go at the beauty salon, you will see what a practical way it is of removing hair.
Tips to follow prior to Waxing
- Make sure that the hair to be removed is long enough for the wax to grip. It has to be at least 3mm.
- If excess hair is too long it becomes more painful to pull out so you may want to trim it for best results.
- Skin needs to be clean and dry before you begin for the wax to adhere properly.
- For women, book your first appointment post menstruation. Pain is generally felt more acutely just before or during a period.
- Avoid waxing altogether if you have diabetes, varicose veins or poor circulation. If you have been using medication or lotions which cause thinning of the skin e.g. Roaccutane, you should not use waxing as a hair removal method until the skin has recovered (approx. 6 months).
- You should also avoid areas of broken or irritated skin or skin with warts, spots, moles or sunburn.
Tips to follow during your Waxing Session
At the salon mention to the beauty therapist that this is your first time waxing so that she can explain the procedure to you and let you know what to expect. Otherwise just relax as much as you can. Chatting to the therapist can take your mind off the process.
Tips to follow after a Waxing Session
- Soothe the skin with a mild lotion such as aloe vera and a cool compress if necessary.
- You may notice redness and bumps but these should disappear within a few hours.
- Avoid tight clothing which might rub and cause irritation. Also avoid sun exposure for a couple of days as this can sometimes lead to hyperpigmentation.
- Once skin has calmed down after a few days, begin gently exfoliating your skin regularly to avoid ingrown hairs.
Ingrown Hair Prevention
- Exfoliate before and after. LIGHTLY exfoliating with a mild exfoliator before ridding hair helps remove dead skin cells allowing a better and an easier wax. LIGHTLY exfoliating a few days after the wax and continuing to do so a couple of times a week will help keep dead skin cells out of the follicle. When the hair does start coming back, this helps it to point out instead of going back into the skin.
- Stay away from tight fitting clothes. If you have had any type of body waxing then you want the skin to be able to ‘breathe’ so to speak, rather than be constricted. Not only can tight clothes irritate freshly waxed areas, weeks later it can encourage the hair to grow back into the skin causing the ingrown hairs.
- Stop them before they start. Many products are created to help fight and prevent ingrown hairs before they appear, containing exfoliating and moisturizing properties. Preventing ingrown hairs after waxing before they appear is much easier than tackling the redness and bumps later on.
Lash & Brow Tinting
Some of us were born with dark brows and lashes and can wake up and leave the house without makeup. For the rest of us, we look like we have no face without applying at least some mascara. If you have light lashes or brows and have not had them tinted before, you will love lash and brow tinting!
Benefits for our clients:
- Opens up the eyes to give definition and add thickness to the lashes.
- No more smudges, smears or runs causing embarrassment.
- If you are a contact lens wearer with or without allergies.
- If you are challenged with poor vision or other physical disabilities.
- If you have allergies to cosmetics.
Henna Brow Design
Create a longer lasting hair tint and skin stain.
Benefits of Henna:
- Encourages new hair growth
- Conditions the hair making it appear more shiny and healthy
- Perfect for resistant grey and white hairs
- Lasts up to 14 days on the skin and up to 6 weeks on the hair
- No ammonia or peroxide
- 99.5% natural ingredients
Our Henna Brow Design includes a colour match to suit your hair and skin tone, followed by a custom brow shape best suited to your facial features.
Henna Brow Design $60
Facials Treatment Menu
Environ Peel Treatments
Either Lactic Acid or Trichloracetic Acid are used in our facial peels to treat acne, fine lines, sun damage and dehydration. Peels exfoliate and sterilize the skin, leaving it softer, clearer and smoother.
The client should be using Environ® at home for at least 3 weeks before having this treatment.
The all new Cool Peel treatment is a brand new treatment from Environ. It is a revolutionary approach to peeling, unique to Environ, achieves incredible results without damaging the skin. Low strength Lactic Acid is used to reduce the skin’s PH and triggers the release of growth factors, which creates tighter, smoother skin. It destroys bacteria, boosts hydration and removes the build-up of dead skin cells, helping to de-congest the surface and smooth its texture.
The Cool Peel is ideal for clients with lines and wrinkles, rough or problem skin, sun damage and Rosacea.
- This treatment is not suitable for anyone using Roaccutane (or similar prescribed Vitamin A topical cream).
- Environ AVST Vitamin A cream needs to be used for a minimum of 3 weeks prior to using a peel.
- This treatment is recommended once a week for acne skin conditions until the acne is controlled followed by a rest period of 3 months.
- This treatment needs to be supplemented with an Environ home care system.
Environ Hydrating Facial Treatment
A quick effective Facial treatment for energising and re-hydrating the skin. Is your skin feeling dry after our cold winter? Re-hydrate with this wonderful Environ Hydrating Facial and be ready for spring.
Environ Deep Cleanse
An express treatment for those just after a thorough cleanse. A thoroughly deep cleanse from Environ. Iontophoresis and facial massage not included.
Corpo Bella Botanicals Enzyme Facial
Recommended for oily/acne-prone skins. This fruitful facials works at decongesting and detoxing the skin. Using a combination of natural fruit enzymes and natural acids, your skin will feel polished and oil free. Featuring a range of fresh fruit extracts including Papaya, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Apple, Orange and Lime.
Corpo Bella Botanicals Superfood Facial
Recommended for Normal/Dull/Polluted Skins. This soothing and aromatic facial feeds the skin with much needed hydration, vitamins and superfoods to help fights a lacklustre complexion. Featuring a natural blend of Goji Berries, Blueberries, Green Tea, Avocado, Mangosteen, Chia, Parsley and Wheatgrass.
Corpo Bella Botanicals Native Facial
Recommended for Dry/Mature Skins. This treatment focuses on hydrating and moisturising a dry skin. Using uplifting, natural botanicals we focus on relaxing the mind and hydrating the body. Featuing wild harvested native ingredients including Kakadu Plum, Lilli Pilli, Wild Rosella, Lemon Myrtle, and Quandong.
High Frequency Therapy
This is an exciting, visually dynamic therapy known for its germicidal effects. The electrical therapy is used as part of a facial or body treatment to sterilise and heal your skin. Ideally 6 treatments would be recommended, however many clients see an improvement in their skin from the very first treatment.
Dermaplaning or ‘Epidermal Levelling’, is a fast, safe non-invasive treatment, performed using a surgical blade.
Benefits of Dermaplaning:
- Lightens hyper-pigmented skin
- Unblocks blackheads
- Reduces appearance of pore size
- Smooths acne scarring
- Boosts efficacy of product absorption
- Removes ‘peach fuzz’ hair
- Removes dead skin
- Improves skin texture