Intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal is a safe, non-surgical, non-invasive and extremely effective method of hair reduction. At Corpo Bella we strive to provide the best IPL hair removal Perth has to offer.
IPL Permanent Hair Removal Perth
Specific wavelengths of light are absorbed by melanin within the hair shaft and bulb. This light energy is transformed into heat energy, heating the bulb and hair follicle. Permanent injury to the area stops the follicle being able to produce new hair, or produces slower growing, finer and lighter hair.
How many treatments are needed?
This depends on your natural skin colour and colour of the hair to be treated. Lighter skin and darker hair may only need 4–6 treatments whilst darker skin with similar colour hair or lighter skin with light brown hair may need as many as 10 treatments.
Body treatments are spaced at 4–6 weekly intervals and facial areas 2–4 weekly. This is because of the different hair growth cycles. Hair needs to be in the active stage of hair growth for treatment to be successful. At any given time around 20% of hair is in this stage, hence the need for repeated sessions.
How do I prepare?
- Refrain from waxing and plucking for 4 weeks prior
- Avoid sun exposure/solariums for 4 weeks prior to treatment
IPL hair removal contraindications:
- Recent sunburn
- Poor use of adequate sun protection
- Fake tan applied less than 10 days prior
- Roaccutane use less than six months prior
- Use of medication or creams which cause light sensitivity
- IPL treatment is not viable for blonde or red hairs
IPL Price List
|Lip and Chin||$60.00|
|Lip, Chin and Neck||$100.00|
|Back and Shoulders||$400.00|
|Upper Back and Shoulders||$300.00|
|Chest and Stomach||$300.00|